If you’re hoping to make money by traveling, don’t worry: There are many ways to do this! I’ve found a variety of sources of income while living abroad, from working as a travel writer and blogger to teaching English online. In this post, I’ll share my experiences with these jobs and how they can help fund your travels.
Get a job with a travel company.
You can get a job with a travel company, who will pay you to travel the world and do what you want to do on your travels. This is one of the best ways to make money from traveling because it’s an actual job. You’ll be able to work remotely or even full time while exploring new places and cultures.
- Working for yourself: If you’re interested in pursuing photography as your career, this is an option for making money while traveling. Take photos of everything around you, post them online and sell them! This is how I started my business back when I first started traveling full time (you can read more about my journey here). Nowadays there are many platforms like Pinterest & Instagram where people buy stock photos so if this sounds like something up your alley then definitely give it a shot!
Travel for a nonprofit.
You can volunteer your time and skills to a nonprofit. You can also offer to donate money, or even raise funds for them. Some nonprofits need help with research, so if you’re good at that, why not make it your job? If you have social media marketing skills or public relations experience, offer those services as well!
Become an expert on something related to travel.
In order to get paid to travel the world, you’ll need to be an expert on something related to travel.
Here are some ideas:
- Travel blogger/writer/photographer – You can start a blog about your travels or write articles for publications like Expedia or Lonely Planet. You can also post photos on Instagram or Pinterest with hashtags that show people what they’re missing out on if they don’t travel themselves!
- Travel consultant – If you know everything there is to know about certain destinations, why not consult other people who want advice? This could be anything from recommending restaurants in Paris or helping someone plan their honeymoon trip in Hawaii!
Work as an English teacher in another country.
Teaching English abroad is a great way to make money while traveling. You can find jobs teaching English in many countries, and the pay is often much higher than it would be at home.
You can find jobs teaching English online or through recruiters. If you’re looking for a job that offers more flexibility, try signing up with an online recruiter like Go Overseas, who will match you with employers and help them find teachers who are a good fit for their schools. The site also has lots of information about how much teachers earn in each country so that you can decide where to apply based on what type of salary range interests you most!
Become an “Away With” host.
To become an Away With host, you must be at least 18 years old and have a valid passport. You also need to have a flexible schedule that allows you to travel when the company needs you to go on assignments.
To qualify as an Away With host, you must meet these requirements:
- You must be able to work in English or Spanish (depending on where your assignment takes place).
- You must have completed secondary education or higher.
- You must be able to provide proof of employment history over the past three years.
In addition, there are some specific things that we look for when selecting hosts:
Blog about your travels.
One of the best ways to get paid to travel the world is by blogging about your travels. Blogging is an easy way for anyone with a laptop and WiFi connection in their hostel room to make money while they’re on the road. There are many different types of blogs that you can create, but here are some ideas:
- Write about your experiences traveling around a given city or country. Did you visit a famous museum? A historical site? A cool neighborhood or restaurant? What did it feel like being there? How was the food? What was your favorite part of visiting that place?
- Write about what you learned during your trip (or even before). Did anything surprise or inspire you while traveling? Did someone teach something important through their words or actions – maybe even one of our tips above!
Take photographs and sell them online.
- Take photographs and sell them online.
- You can sell your photos to stock photo sites, travel magazines and blogs, or even travel websites. You can also sell them directly to the companies that want to use them for marketing purposes.
Teach English to children in your country or abroad using modern technology like Skype.
If you love to travel and want to make money while doing it, then teaching English as a second language is a great option for you. You can do this from anywhere in the world and still keep your day job or other commitments at home.
Teaching English as a second language has become especially popular with millennials who are trying to make their mark on the world before they settle down into adulthood. It’s also become popular among retirees who want something meaningful–and profitable–to do with their time after retirement.
Open up an Airbnb rental in your home city or while you’re traveling.
Airbnb is a platform for people to rent out their homes. It’s the largest home sharing company in the world, with more than three million listings available. Airbnb hosts can make money by renting out their homes, and it’s an excellent way to earn extra cash while traveling.
You can start hosting on Airbnb if you have:
- A spare room or two that isn’t being used regularly (or at all)
- A house or apartment big enough to accommodate guests
Become a tour guide on TripAdvisor Tours or Viator Tours.
- You can do this from anywhere in the world.
- It’s a great way to earn money while traveling.
- You don’t need a degree or certification, just a passion for your destination.
There are many ways you can make money while traveling
There are many ways you can make money while traveling.
- You can get paid to travel with a company that pays its employees to travel the world. This is how I make money while traveling, and it’s one of my favorite things about this job! It’s also one of the more difficult ways because there are not many companies like this out there (yet).
- If you have an interest in working for nonprofits or teaching English abroad, these are great options as well. Both jobs allow you flexibility when it comes time for vacation days and work remotely from anywhere in the world–which means more time off when needed!
- Blogging about your travels is another great way to earn income while on vacation! There are tons of websites out there which pay writers based on views and clicks received by their content so if people love reading about where they’ve been then why not share? If nothing else then publishing photos online will give them value later down road when someone else wants their house painted blue instead haha! We’ll talk more about this later…
So there you have it, my top 10 ways to make money while traveling. If you’re looking for a new adventure or just want some extra cash in your pocket, these ideas can help get you started.